You can dive into to Maverick Mompreneur Podcast Episode 107. “What I Would Do To Start An Online Business (Pt1)” by clicking the player below, streaming on your favorite platform, or reading the summary article at the bottom of this post!
Please take a moment to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast if you’re getting value from it – it helps so much to keep the podcast going and getting discovered by female entrepreneurs. I truly appreciate the support! THANK YOU!
If you are looking for additional support or mentorship, you can always reach me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can DM me on Instagram @ashleyrlatimer or join us in my free Facebook Group, Elevate Academy For Personal Brand-Building Female Entrepreneurs.
Resources and Programs Mentioned:
Passive Digital Product Funnel Lab:
The Brand-Builder’s Roadmap To Sustainable $10K Months Dashboard ($97 $37 – this link only!):
FREE Personal Brand Toolkit:
- Zero to Six-Figure Personal Brand Case Study E-book
- Personal Branding 101 workbook
- Ideal client avatar worksheet and video training
- Brand content brain dump strategy and worksheet
- Editable Canva templates
- Weekly To-Do Planner
- ICA Pain Point/Desires Offer Brainstorm
- Worksheets that go along with many of my podcast episodes (Find Your Why, etc.)
- 3 Day Boss Up Your Brand Bootcamp recordings and workbook
- and more!
What I Would Do To Start (Over) An Online Business (Part 1)
In the bustling digital era, the thought of starting your own online business can be both exhilarating and daunting. As a seasoned entrepreneur and mentor, I’ve navigated the ebbs and flows of building a personal brand from the ground up. In this comprehensive guide, I’m sharing the roadmap I wish I had when I embarked on my entrepreneurial journey – a blend of hard-earned lessons, strategic insights, and a dash of maverick spirit.
1. Embrace Your Origin Story: Every brand has a genesis, a narrative that sets the stage for its journey. For me, it began in the realm of motherhood, blogging during the quiet spells of maternity leave. Your story might be different, but it’s uniquely yours. Own it. Your origin story isn’t just a backdrop; it’s the heart of your brand, resonating with authenticity and connecting you to your audience.
2. Craft Your Brand with Intention: Your brand is more than a logo or a color palette; it’s the essence of your mission, values, and the unique imprint you leave on your industry. When I pivoted from TaylorMade Mama to Ashley Latimer, it wasn’t just a name change; it was a strategic shift to align my brand with my evolving journey and professional ethos. Remember, a brand built with intention is a beacon that attracts your ideal audience and repels those not aligned with your vision.
3. Build Your Digital Foundation: The digital landscape is your playground, but without a solid foundation, your brand might just be another fleeting presence. Invest time in setting up an SEO-based website, a robust email marketing system, and interconnected funnels. These aren’t just tasks; they’re the building blocks of your digital empire, ensuring your brand stands strong amidst the online whirlwind.
4. Nurture Authentic Connections: As you grow, your community – your tribe – becomes the lifeblood of your business. Engage with your audience not as numbers on a screen, but as real people with stories, challenges, and dreams. When I transitioned my brand, it was the genuine connections and transparent communication that eased the shift, turning followers into lifelong supporters and collaborators.
5. Master the Art of Monetization: Monetization isn’t just about profits; it’s about creating value, offering solutions, and making an impact. Whether it’s through affiliate marketing, digital products, or bespoke services, your revenue streams should echo your brand’s purpose and promise. And remember, passive doesn’t mean hands-off; it means smart, strategic, and aligned with your lifestyle and goals.
6. Stay True to Your Maverick Essence: In the world of entrepreneurship, the only constant is change. Embrace it. Whether you’re rebranding, scaling, or venturing into uncharted territories, stay true to your maverick essence. Your journey is a testament to resilience, innovation, and the unwavering belief that your brand, your vision, has a rightful place in the digital cosmos.
As you embark on or realign your journey, remember that starting your own online business isn’t just about strategies and systems; it’s about crafting a legacy that reflects your truest self. It’s about transforming your passion into purpose and your ideas into impact. So, take these steps not just as advice but as a compass guiding you towards a future where your business isn’t just surviving but thriving, resonating, and making a difference.