You can listen to Maverick Mompreneur Podcast Episode 101. “How To Choose A Powerful 2024 Word Of The Year” by clicking the player below, or read the summary article at the bottom of this post!
If you are looking for additional support or mentorship, you can always reach me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can DM me on Instagram @ashleyrlatimer or join us in my free Facebook Group, Elevate Academy For Personal Brand-Building Female Entrepreneurs.
Resources and Programs Mentioned:
Word Of The Year Engravable Bracelet:
The Brand-Builder’s Roadmap To Sustainable $10K Months:
($97, with access to Ashley’s Affiliate Training Hub, and internal discounts to all other courses!):
Self-paced Courses To Help You Develop Your Multiple Stream Of Revenue Personal Brand:
FREE Personal Brand Toolkit:
- Zero to six-figure personal brand case study
- Personal Branding 101 workbook
- Ideal client avatar worksheet and video training
- Brand content brain dump strategy and worksheet
- Editable Canva templates
- Weekly To-Do Planner
- ICA Pain Point/Desires Offer Brainstorm
- Worksheets that go along with many of my podcast episodes (Find Your Why, etc.)
- 3 Day Boss Up Your Brand Bootcamp recordings and workbook
- and more!
Unlocking the Power of Choosing Your “Word of the Year” for 2024
In the world of personal development and goal setting, there’s a practice that has gained significant momentum in recent years – choosing a “Word of the Year.” It’s a simple yet powerful concept that has the potential to transform your life, both personally and professionally. In this blog post, we’ll explore why selecting a “Word of the Year” matters and how you can go about choosing the perfect word to guide you through 2024.
Why Choose a Word of the Year?
You might be wondering, why choose a single word to encapsulate an entire year? The answer lies in the remarkable impact it can have on your life. When you choose a “Word of the Year,” you’re essentially selecting a theme, a guiding principle, and a source of inspiration that will shape your choices, actions, and mindset throughout the year.
Here are some compelling reasons why choosing a “Word of the Year” matters:
- Focus: In a world filled with distractions and endless to-do lists, having a single word to focus on provides clarity. It becomes your North Star, helping you make decisions and prioritize your goals.
- Clarity: Your chosen word acts as a constant reminder of your intentions. It cuts through the noise and keeps you aligned with your aspirations, ensuring that your actions are in harmony with your vision.
- Motivation: Having a word that resonates with you on a personal level can be incredibly motivating. It serves as a source of inspiration, driving you to take meaningful steps towards your dreams.
- Consistency: When you consistently bring your word to mind, it becomes a part of your daily life. Over time, it can influence your habits, mindset, and overall outlook.
- Accountability: Your word of the year holds you accountable to yourself. It’s a commitment you make to live in alignment with your chosen theme.
Now that we understand the significance of choosing a “Word of the Year,” let’s delve into how you can go about selecting the perfect word for 2024.
How to Choose Your Word of the Year
Selecting your word of the year is a personal journey, and there’s no one-size-fits-all approach. However, there are some steps you can follow to help you discover the word that resonates most with your aspirations:
1. Reflect on Your Goals and Aspirations: Take some time to reflect on what you hope to achieve in 2024. Consider your personal and professional goals, your dreams, and the areas of your life where you want to see growth.
2. Identify Common Threads: As you reflect on your goals, you may notice common threads or through lines. Are there recurring themes or intentions that stand out? These could provide valuable clues for your word of the year.
3. Connect with Your Vision: Your word should resonate with your vision for the year ahead. Think about the kind of year you want to have and the person you want to become. Your word should align with that vision.
4. Past Words of the Year: If you’ve chosen words of the year in the past, revisit them. Reflect on how they influenced your life and whether they still hold relevance for you. It’s possible that your next word might be an evolution of previous choices.
5. Trust Your Intuition: Sometimes, the right word comes to you in a moment of clarity. It feels like a download from your inner self. Trust your intuition and go with the word that resonates the most.
Ashley’s Journey of Choosing Words of the Year
In the world of personal branding, digital marketing, and content creation, Ashley, our host for the Maverick Mompreneur podcast, has been a firm believer in choosing a word of the year. Here’s a glimpse into some of her past words:
- 2018 – CONNECT: Ashley recognized the importance of building connections, both personally and professionally. This word guided her to foster meaningful relationships and networks.
- 2019 – REFLECT: The year of reflection led Ashley to take a step back and evaluate her journey. It allowed her to gain insights and make purposeful decisions.
- 2020 – CLEANSE: In a year filled with challenges, “Cleanse” became a powerful word for purification and renewal, helping Ashley navigate through difficult times.
- 2021 – TRUST: Trust was a fundamental theme that led Ashley to trust herself, her abilities, and the process. It served as a reminder to have faith in the journey.
- 2022 – PRIORITIES: Prioritizing what truly mattered became Ashley’s focus in 2022. It helped her make intentional choices and direct her energy towards her most important goals.
- 2023 – INTENTIONAL: Last year, Ashley embraced the power of intentionality. It guided her actions and decisions, ensuring that every step she took was purposeful.
Ashley’s Word of the Year for 2024 – “Cultivate”
As we move into 2024, Ashley reveals her chosen word of the year – “Cultivate.” This word holds multiple meanings and interpretations, making it a powerful theme for the year ahead. Here’s how Ashley sees “Cultivate” influencing her life:
- Personal Growth: “Cultivate” will be a reminder to focus on personal development. It’s about acquiring new skills, fostering positive habits, and nurturing aspects of herself that contribute to overall well-being.
- Professional Development: In her career, Ashley plans to apply “Cultivate” by nurturing her skills, building professional relationships, and creating an environment for growth and advancement.
- Relationships: “Cultivate” extends to relationships, both personal and professional. It emphasizes the growth and nurturing of connections, whether strengthening existing ones or building new ones.
- Passions and Hobbies: For those with specific passions or hobbies, “Cultivate” serves as a reminder to invest time and energy into these interests, allowing them to flourish and bring joy.
- Mindfulness: On a deeper level, “Cultivate” represents a commitment to mindfulness. It encourages a positive mindset, gratitude, and a sense of presence in daily life.
Ashley believes that “Cultivate” symbolizes her mission, vision, and the essence of what she aims to achieve in 2024. It’s a commitment to nurturing, developing, and fostering positive aspects in various areas of her life.
Adopting “Cultivate” as Your Word of the Year
If “Cultivate” resonates with your goals and intentions for the year, you’re welcome to adopt it as your own word of the year. The beauty of this practice is that it can be personalized to your unique journey and aspirations. By choosing a word that speaks to you, you’re setting yourself up for a year of growth, purpose, and transformation.
In conclusion, selecting a “Word of the Year” is a practice that can bring profound positive changes to your life. It offers focus, clarity, motivation, and accountability. It’s a reminder to align your actions with your vision and intentions. As Ashley says, “Let’s make 2024 transformative as you build a message-driven, sustainable online business through your personal brand.”
So, what’s your word of the year for 2024?